Who will win the Elephant’s Got Talent final?
Thursday 6 September
Free to attend
After three exciting heats, the grand final of Elephant’s Got Talent culminates with eight finalists competing for a £100 prize.
A range of different acts from across Elephant & Castle, including singers, rappers and magicians, are set to go head to head in the final of Elephant’s Got Talent.
The event will be hosted by Amanny Mohamed, film critic, radio broadcaster and producer/director, who has worked with the best of British talent including Claudia Winkleman, Mark Dolan and Phill Jupitus.
She will also be joined by John Whelan, a local theatre and community arts practitioner; his community theatre company, People’s Company, is based at Southwark Playhouse. As part of his role, he is leading Elephant Park’s Summer series events, of which Elephant’s Got Talent is a part.
Choosing the top act will be judges Sadie Nine (BBC Essex radio presenter), Pietra Mello Pittman (co-director of production company Sisters Grimm) and Mike Smith (joint creative director of Uplands TV).
The finalists are:
- Bass guitarist Ron Caine;
- Singer Dalla;
- Roy Orbison impersonator George ‘The Big O’ Xenos;
- Magican Loic Dilane;
- Rapping duo Copy & Paste (who have known each other since childhood);
- Thirteen-year-old keyboard player Nuria Thais Morocho Casio;
- Singer and songwriter Daniel O’ Byrne;
- Singer Keanna Benn and her younger sister (who are 17 and 12);