Getting involved in 2020: a look back at community events around Elephant Park
Over the past year, we’ve seen dozens of community events hosted and organised by local businesses, neighbours and organisations, all promoting the great community spirit in our neighbourhood – but next year we want more!
- 06 March 2020
- Elephant Park
Take a look below at the range of great (usually free) events that we hosted or helped promote in and around our beautiful new park. See the variety of events we’ve shared, hopefully giving some of you inspiration to get in touch and organise an event with our support.
- Little Elephant Grow & Cook – a free, hands-on event for kids, by Walworth Garden and Jusplay, to teach them how everyday plants become our everyday meals.
- Illuminated Spring – as we came out of hibernation last spring, the creative team at Emergency Exit Arts put on a great lights display. Take a look for yourself!
- Latin-Afro Beats – celebrating International Music Day with a vibrant night of Latin and African music, all by super-talented local musicians.
- The SOAS Radio Summer Roadshow – a kick-ass party in the park from our friends at The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), including DJs, Latin grooves and funky electronica.
- Film – whether it was the Open Cinema Summer Screen nights, watching the amazing Ashes in the Park, or catching the South Social Film Fest, there was something for everyone this year!
- Theatre – A Midsummer Night’s Dream from the wonderful People’s Company went down a treat. Read more about this local theatre group here.
- Brazilian dance, food and music – Junina Fest was great fun in June. Hear from co-founder Alicia Bastos, of Comida Fest, here.
Elephant Says Hi
Street parties for local neighbourhoods, building relationships between businesses and residents, and regular events, helping to make our neighbourhood welcoming to everyone! Read more about Elephant Says Hi here, including how they designed one of the great Elmers to celebrate his 30th birthday this year.
More within walking distance
- Discover Pullens Yards – a hidden treasure of creatives and artists just off Walworth Road.
- Walworth history tours – unearth the fascinating history on the Walworth walking tour (well worth it!)
- Mercato Metropolitano – it’s about to open a new site in Elephant Park, but check out the best street-food market this side of the Thames here.
- Free street-dance classes for kids
We want to hear from you
If you have an idea for an event you’d like to host in Elephant Park this spring or summer, or just want to let us know what you’d like to see more of on our Events page, then get in touch with us here: www.elephantpark.co.uk/event-callout/